Tuesday, July 05, 2011

A Pound of Rough Yarn

49/77 (7 squares not shown) = 63% done.

When I first looked in the yarn section at Michael's, I couldn't imagine why someone would ever need to buy the 1lb of yarn. I purchased it yesterday. It's deceitful how much yarn goes into making something. I already went through two of the regular sized black yarns (like the white in the picture).



The first time I got yarn, it was at Wal-mart, and the HeartSaver brand is about all they carry. It's cheap and more rough. I was unaware of the soft yarn, which if I could turn back time, I would have gotten instead. It's made of the same material but because of how they manufacture it, it ends up being the thickness of one ply smaller than it actually is. That makes it soft somehow.

I was halfway through before I knew about the soft yarn. I decided to stick with what I've been using for consistency. Who knows - maybe washing it will make it softer? I checked the label, and it should be fine in the washer. I'm going to have a test run on a single square first... Or maybe I'll just throw it in the dryer with a dryer sheet and see what happens.

No comments: