Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Zumba Class

I did Zumba for the first time tonight at Star Fitness with Janel. It was complicated but fun.I didn't realize how many different dance moves there would be. Each time I started getting the hang of doing one, they would switch to another.

The time went by fast, and I had fun, even if I had trouble moving my feet like the instructor. Depending if Zane and I go to Ship Island on Saturday or not, I'll go to that class too. The Zumba teacher was very nice and told me I did well for my first time. She encouraged me saying how it's not about doing the dances perfectly as much as just moving. She also said what Janel has told me a couple times - you burn about 500 calories during the class. Well, as a man carrying 100 extra pounds on my back, I burn even more! Yay bittersweet!

Of Body Pump, Boot Camp, and Zumba, Zumba is definitely the most fun.

Oh, and there's even proof of me doing Boot Camp (aka Summer Slimdown) Tuesday on Star Fitness' Facebook page!

Biggest Loser started Monday. Round 4 of Summer Slimdown starts tomorrow. I'm going to win both, right?!

2 comments:

JCRunsNOLA said...

Right! (Considering they have taken the "ringer" out of the running...

Unknown said...

Here's some brownies, Janel....

;)