Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Circus, Afghan, Losing Weight

Thanks to my most fabulous coworker, Zane and I went to the circus Friday night for free at the New Orleans Arena. It was my first time (that I can recall) going to the circus. It was more fun than Cirque du Soleil but not as professional. I was excited to see live tigers, but they didn't actually do much. Whatever happened to the flaming hoops? The elephants and ponies were much more entertaining, and oh-my-god elephants have large poop. The circus was READY with many a pooper scooper.

They fell a number of times during acts, something I never saw at Cirque, and it didn't take away from the awe of everything else. My favorite part was definitely the seven dirt bikes riding around in the steel sphere. I'd put pictures up from it, but Zane wouldn't let me use his phone!

For Father's Day, my sister got Dad a gift card to Lowe's and packaged it in a mini tool box. I'm still working at the afghan and will be for at least a month. Last night I got bored of making squares, so I started stitching them together. After I took the picture, I made a quick mock up in Photoshop of the finished pattern. Thankfully, I did that before finishing because I made a change to it!


I was contemplating making a time-lapse video of some of the process, but I need to see if my camera has that option. I'm not going to go through the process of editing normal footage. That's more work that I'm willing to put into it.

Speaking of WORK, one of the great things about my place of employment is their encouragement to live a healthy lifestyle. Starting July 11th, they're going to do a "Biggest Loser" campaign pitting teams against each other for weight loss. I joined, but I'm also not actually interested in losing a ton of weight fast. It's just a fun incentive to keep things interesting and is a good motivator to keep going to the gym. I'm content with the progress I've made so far: about 20 pounds in two months.

No comments: