Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Who remembers anniversaries anyway?

Zane and I have two anniversaries: January 1, 2007 and June 16, 2007. The first is our first date and the second is when I asked him if he wanted to be official. After getting burned in a few relationships, I was very wary of committing to anything.

That being said, June 16th came and went last week, and neither Zane nor I noticed. New years is way easier to remember, which is usually the one we count by. I called him Saturday night after realizing that our anniversary was either coming up soon or already passed.

When he picked up, I made him promise to not be angry, to which he always replies, "I'm already angry, so tell me." I first confirmed that I remembered the right date for the anniversary and then asked if he forgot too. Surprisingly, he admitted to forgetting, but now he keeps pressing me to bring him out to dinner. I told him I brought him to the circus for our anniversary (even though that was the day before I called). Sarah, my coworker, also agreed that she gave me the tickets for our anniversary even though she didn't know when it was.

I keep telling Zane that we can't go out to eat so that we can save for our Disney trip in December. This makes Zane unhappy, but he's just got to deal with it!



Zane would also not appreciate my posting a picture of us from 4 years ago, so here it is!

3 comments:

Pugsley Michael Urness said...

You boys are too young in that picture!

JCRunsNOLA said...

Jonathan remembers...he even looks up the traditional anniversary gift and gives it. He even makes crafts if necessary.

Danielle Bellone said...

Stop being so cute. I mean it. Stop it.
(Or don't. Either way is fine.)